looking ahead

the past week and change have been interesting for me. alot has changed and things are beginning to shape up here on campus differently than i could have imagined.
being on a new hall is, well, new. the guys here have relationships with each other that have a year on the relationships i have with them. the friends i hung out with last year are seeming to move on to different groups. my future as a psych major is just starting and it's exiting to look at the options that are available.
in the midst of all this, there is an uncertainty about things. i feel on edge and wish that things could go back to the way they were. i found myself questioning what will come next; what i'm supposed to do now.

David's words ring true: "My life constantly hangs in the balance, but I will not stop obeying your instructions."
" Your laws are my treasure, they are my heart's delight. I am determined to keep your decrees to the very end."
"Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path. I've promised it once, and I'll promise
it again: I will obey your righteous regulations."

Psalm 119.105-112

in the midst of all this, whether i feel good about the situation i'm in or whether things seem to make sense, or whether i am sad, God asks me to continue to live as He's called me to: to be focused on Him and to work towards making His heart my own.

Father. teach me to love and live for you alone. may the words of my mouth and the thoughts, goals, dreams and meditations of my heart be pleasing to You. thank you for loving me and giving your son over to death to save me from death.

1 comments:

Christina Whittaker said...

your love for Him is inspiring, thank you for writing this!

Post a Comment