restored. renewed

so this week has been the crunch time of the semester. so far i've been able to coast; classes haven't been that hard, no big papers or projects to sweat over, tests have been spread out and all that.
this week is when all my professors decided to swing for the fences.
floor retreat this weekend.
ambassador guys night saturday night
theology project due monday (six pages)
statistics test tuesday
theology midterm wednesday (covering all the material we've learned so far)
geology test thursday.

so naturally i was feeling a bit overwhelmed waking up this morning. with a full day ahead of me, i was trying not to think about the load of work that's piled up.

then i went to chapel. it was on a whim; most of the guys from my hall decided to sleep in so i thought about just doing the same and working on some of this homework. but i went. and God met me there. the chapel was entirely acoustic worship, focusing on resting in God. the peace that we sang about resonated in my heart. the rest that i can't find right now met me there. His love covers me and holds me in his hand and i can take comfort that he will be with me as i go through this week. not on my strength, because that will wear out. i work and push through with his strength.
God is close and knows the things we go through. God is good and loves us.

the Lord is my shepherd, i shall not want.
he makes me to lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
for his name's sake.

even though i walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
i will fear no evil, for You are with me.
your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life
and i will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.
(Psalm 23)

1 comments:

Christina Blake said...

ahh so glad that God met you there, I know just what you mean about business. Psalm 23 is my favorite psalm, you cant through the craziness, God is on your side :)

Post a Comment