God is God and i am man

"I alone am God, the first and the Last. It was my hand that laid the foundations of the earth, my right hand that spread out the heavens above. When I call out the stars, they all appear in order."
isaiah 48.12-13

"for I am the Lord your God, who stirs up the sea, causing its waves to roar. My name is the Lord of Heaven's Armies. And I have put my words in your mouth and hidden you safely in my hand. I stretched out the sky like a canopy and laid the foundations of the earth. I am the one who says to Israel, 'you are my people.'"
isaiah 51.15-16

"have you explored the springs from which the seas come? have you explored their depths? do you know where the gates of death are located? have you seen the gates of utter gloom? do you realize the extent of the earth? tell me about it if you know!"
job 38.16-18

"can you shout to the clouds and make it rain?can you make lightning appear and cause it to strike as you direct? who gives intuition to the heart and instinct to the mind? who is wise enough to count all the clouds? who can tilt the water jars of heaven when the parched ground is dry..."
job 38.34-38

it baffles me when i try to think of all this, keeping in mind that the God described here came as a man and lived with human limitations for thirty years. fully God and fully man, but he did not act out of his divinity (phil. 2.5-11). all because of love for a people who would be so stubborn in accepting him.

amazing love, how can it be. that you (YAHWEH) would die for me?
maker of the universe, died for the sins of the earth.
love came down and rescued me, love came down and set me FREE.

0 comments:

Post a Comment