mob mentality and self inventory

tonight i went to the men's soccer game as they played a post season match against vanguard. it brought out a long of different emotions to say the least. it was quite a game but one of the things that struck me the most was how easily it is to get into things. i wanted to yell insults back. i wanted to tell the crowd they needed to grow up. i wanted to tell the players to play fair and stop acting like babies. i wanted to nag the players right along with the rest of em. and thats just a bit of it.
what does it look like to love your enemy? i couldn't find an answer in the game tonight. one thing i did find was an instance where i had to admit that there was no way to be humble on my own. there was no way to be loving on my own. there was no way to avoid judgement on my own. i remarked that i could not make a habit of going to games like this because of what it was bringing out in me. what gives me the right to feel so much bitterness and anger to people i don't know? what gives me the right to find fault in them and write them off as not worth my time?
God. teach me true humility and love for others. even enemies.

0 comments:

Post a Comment