thankful

home. it feels good to be here. having family around me again puts me at ease. being away from school causes me to breathe easier and somehow slow down.
thanksgiving is a time for that very thing. slowing down to take notice of the good things around me. to see the things in my life that i enjoy and to be grateful for those.

i enjoy the warmth of the sun on my face. i enjoy the way leaves take on warm colors as fall begins to get colder. i enjoy the grass right after its been cut; both the way it looks and how it smells. i enjoy those ten minutes before sundown, when the setting sun throws pink, purple and orange across the clouds. i enjoy the mountains after it rains. they are capped in white and seem close enough to touch.

i enjoy warmth and genuineness from others, those ones who just put a smile on my face. i enjoy the times of deep conversation that happen without effort. i enjoy hearing wisdom and affirmation from those i look up to. i enjoy doing things with others that we share a common love for.

i enjoy seeing the way God moves in other people. i enjoy a love that is unconditional, one that i know hardly a piece of and yet it still fills me. i enjoy the fact that God designed me unique from all other human beings, that i have a purpose just as unique and that He wants a relationship with me. i enjoy the fact that i can always look to Him in uncertainty, to talk to, knowing He knows what's really going on inside of me.

"God, the LORD, created the heavens ands stretched them out. He created the earth and everything in it. He gives breath to everyone, life to everyone who walks the earth. And it is he who says 'I the Lord have called you to demonstrate my righteousness...' " Isaiah 42.5

0 comments:

Post a Comment