he's real

God's real. it might seem like a given for anybody reading, but evidence from time to time; reminders of the fact are so awesome to have.
my mom's been having bad stomach pains and naseau the last couple of weeks. it's gotten to the point that she had to check into the hospital because she couldn't talk from the pain and shaking that came with it. we heard it might have been something with her heart, and so a bunch of tests were run to check it out. scary stuff.

i didn't really get a chance to think about it, much less pray about it; it happened pretty fast. so this morning was the first time i got to sit down and breathe, and reflect on it. i prayed a bit distractedly for the doctors and their nurses, for my mom, dad and us kids to trust God through this. i prayed not really knowing what i was feeling.
then i opened my bible, hoping to go to psalms. i landed on Isaiah 43. stinking amazing how God works through what might be chalked up to coincidence.

"But now, O Jacob, listen to the Lord who created you. O Israel, the one who formed you says, 'Do not be afraid for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name; you are mine. When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you. For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. I gave Egypt as a ransom for your freedom; Ethiopia and Seba in your place. Others were given in exchange for you. I traded their lives for yours because you are precious to me. You are honored, and I love you.'"

nuts. God is nuts. in the best way possible.

0 comments:

Post a Comment