Wanted:

Found this on the blog of a friend of a friend. I thought it was particularly good. Enjoy. and if it provokes you, comment.

How would you describe the perfect girl?
She’d be an inch and a half shorter than me with three freckles that make a triangle in the middle of her collarbone. Hazel eyes would make my blood electric with every stare. Her cheeks would hit the hang up button on her cell phone and they would warrant a perfect line from a song to be dedicated to them as we dance in circles on the carpet of my living room. She would wake in the middle of the night and ask, “Where are you?” when we’re only three inches apart.

My cells would pioneer new skin at the touch of her fingertips just to breathe in their first breath of air that surrounds her body. So they could find a connection with the flakes of death that fall upon them and mourn their collected beauty from a life they just fell from.

Her words would be full of hope and wisdom. Full of fight and God. Full of purity and passion. Her heart would create sparks that would ignite a fire inside me. A fire that burns for our foundation for God and our genuine love for each other in His honor. We would find ourselves showing love that would be for people to pull from. To find hope in. To know that they don’t have to settle.

My perfect girl is real. She is beauty in it’s purest form. She is my love. She is my blood. She is perfectly structured grace. She is soft skin, high hips, and a voice that makes a southern boy smile at rebellion for breaking the rules and tradition of his state. She loves sweet tea, fried chicken, and the asphalt under her feet. She is someone who doesn’t cloud my life with our God, but strengthens it and gives it new meaning.

Girls, if you don’t have someone who can talk like this about you when it’s what you desire most, seek God and wait for him. Do not settle. Guys, if you can’t say these words about a girl with the purest intentions, seek God and find her. Do not settle

3 comments:

nthowden said...

i love the new look its snazzy. and i also love your insights and thoughts, keep it up my brother.

Unknown said...

we too often cut ourselves short of the love that God wants us to have!

kelseyosterman said...

Beautiful. Some of the physical attributes are maybe a little superficial, but a person needs to be physically attracted to their love, along with everything else mentioned. I'd like to think I have the kind of guy who thinks this about me, but right now we're not at the stage of actually voicing these things. But hopefully, in God's timing, these things will be true. :)

Post a Comment