retreat

busyness seems to come so easily in my life. this year especially.
my time seems to be so easily occupied. this is not how a life is supposed to be lived. we were not made to function this way.
i was walking back to my room tonight and gazed up at the clouds and stars, wishing that i could fly and take a long break from the chaotic things in my life. just soar with angels, caught up in the praise of God.

God. i hate being busy. i hate that i take your gift of time and, more often than not, don't manage it well. i ask that you would give grace and mercy and perseverance. i don't want this to be a habit. teach me to live simply and to glorify you in all areas of my life; most of all my time.

"I sought the LORD and he answered me, and delivered me from all my fears...This poor man cried, and the Lord heard him...Oh taste and see that the Lord is good." (pieces of Psalm 119)

0 comments:

Post a Comment